Not sure what the standard requirements are for an essay, a report, a literature review? Have been asked to do a Presentation? Not sure what a Dissertation is? Or, would you like some tips and techniques for passing exams? It can be useful to know what’s involved in compiling particular assignments used as forms of assessment at university.
As part of the Study Skills for Higher Education series, in collaboration with iTunes U, three eBooks are now available on Exams, Presentations and Writing Academic Assignments. You can download them to a device of your choice.
Basic principles of essay writing.
An online tour through the four stages of the essay writing process.
Video tutorial on answering essay questions and planning.
Video tutorial on targeted reading and use of evidence.
Satisfy your lecturer with well ordered essays.
Video tutorial on what it means to be a critical student.
How to write academically in each part of the essay.
To help you reference your sources.
Practice your grammar.
An interesting way to explain essay writing!
It helps to understand academic writing.
Academic writing, editing and proofreading.
Something in particular you’d like us to provide information on? Something we’ve missed out? Email us at email@example.com
You might also think about…
- Attending a workshop on Essay Writing. You might also want to consider other workshops such as Referencing, Critical Analysis, Paraphrasing, Reading Effectively and Notetaking. Bookings are made online, or you can request a workshop if you’ve missed or the times/dates are inconvenient for you.
- Weekly classes to help you improve your English writing skills – run by us. Get in touch to find out if you are eligible.
- In-sessional English classes run by the Centre for International English Students.
- Setting up a writing club. Contact us and we might be able to help you.
- Booking a tutorial for yourself, or with a group.
- Emailing us to arrange how we can support you if you are not on campus.